26 August 2008

Tomorrow

Days Until I Leave For Paris And Can't Call Josh Anymore: 1



So I'm finished packing. And I didn't even have to sit on the suitcases to close them.

I mean, I did. But it was just for show. They weren't THAT full....

Okay. So I sat on them, and struggled with the zippers. But they closed, and that is the point.



High Points of the day:

My sister DJ-ing while I packed (with various French selections)

A pretty pedicure

A hasty 3 minute pay phone conversation with Josh

Sitting on the suitcases



Low Points of the day:

The ugly manicure--then coming home and spending a half hour trying to get all the ugly polish off of my fingers
(But I'm going to call that 18 dollars a valuable learning experience. Whenever someone who can't speak English mumbles "18" at you and then shakes his head encouragingly--when you know the cheap manicure you wants only costs ten--you should say "No please" and make some archetypal NO face. I suggest a frown)


The minute after my hasty 3 minute pay phone conversation with Josh
(and realizing that I'm flying away without a phone, and he's decided to be a rustic woodsman, build a lean-to in the wilderness around Mt. Ranier, and have the woodland creatures for friends, and won't be able to e-mail me for 14 day
s)

Sitting on the suitcases



But I'm packed. And I'm going to Paris. Tomorrow.


Miss you! (Picture taken with my amazing new camera from amazingly generous, lovable friends).

1 comment:

Josh said...

We had six minutes, my dear, and it was the best two dollars I ever spent.

Have a safe flight, Love. Thinking about you always.